General contractors or homeowners doing their own work must obtain permits before beginning work. NOTE
: Before proceeding, property owners are strongly encouraged to contact the City's Zoning Coordinator, Dale Cooney at 952-358-9938 or firstname.lastname@example.org
prior to beginning the process.
To start the permit issuance process, you will need to submit to the City:
- For work in the City of Woodland, pull all permits at the City Hall (Woodland, Deephaven & Greenwood - (all share the same City Hall).
- Woodland contracts with the City of Minnetonka Inspections Department for all inspections.
- A completed building permit application
- Three sets of plans, if plans are required
The permit will be issued after the materials required for permit submittal are deemed complete and the plans have been reviewed for code compliance.
|Building Permits are required for many projects, including, but not limited to:|
- new construction, additions, & alterations
- window replacement (requiring structural alterations)
|Work that is exempt from a permit includes:|
- detached storage buildings not exceeding 120 square feet.
Please contact Teresa Pendleton at 952-358-9935 for questions relating
to the building permit process.